The Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco is seeking applicants for a part-time Outreach Coordinator for the Chinese Culture Center.
The Chinese Culture Center (CCC) is a heritage, arts and culture destination serving the Chinese American community, diverse citywide communities and regional, national and international visitors to San Francisco. It is a place where audiences explore, reflect upon and envision a vibrant Chinese and Chinese American culture. The CCC is the primary program site operated by the Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco (CCF). Founded in 1965, the CCF is a nonprofit community-based organization whose mission is to preserve, promote, and influence the course of Chinese and Chinese American culture.
The Center offers a variety of educational and cultural programs. These programs range from lectures, workshops, and classes to art exhibitions, dance and musical performances, and cultural exchanges—all of which enable members of the Chinese American community and the general public alike to gain a deeper knowledge of historical and contemporary Chinese and Chinese American culture.
Position Summary: The Outreach Coordinator serves under the direction of the Executive Director and working with Project Managers, is responsible for implementing and coordinating all community outreach and civic engagement activities of the Center.
Primary duties include:
• Assist the Executive Director and Project Managers in designing, scheduling, and implementing programs to enhance participation and strengthen the impact of our outreach efforts, with a focus on Chinatown and youth
• Establish, cultivate and manage partnerships with schools, community centers and nonprofit organizations and institutions, and other cultural associations
• Work to bring these communities to the Center’s activities
• Initiate, design, and produce outreach and promotional materials
• Staff all outreach and engagement programs of the Center
• Document all outcomes of outreach and civic engagement activities for Grants Administration
– 1-year experience in outreach work (paid or volunteer)
– Bilingual Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) and English is preferable
– Commitment to cultural and community arts
– Appreciation and/or familiarity with Chinese culture, knowledge of Chinese-American history, particularly as relates to San Francisco
– Excellent organizational and project management skills
– Strong initiative, interpersonal and communication skills, especially working with diverse communities
– Must be available Tuesday – Saturday, occasional Sundays
– Proficient in MS Office applications, Adobe Illustrator; knowledgeable in traditional and nontraditional communications forms
– Bachelor’s degree
This is a part-time position (15 – 20 hours/per week) for the duration of the grant. Compensation depending on experience; benefits package is available.
CCF is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by October 20th.
Chinese Culture Center
750 Kearny Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108