We currently have two positions opened:
The Chinese Culture Foundation (CCF) is seeking an Administrative Assistant.
The successful candidate will work directly with our General Manager to provide general office support, including maintaining office records, documents and facility needs. This is an excellent position for someone with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate has a BA in business administration, a passion for the community, enjoys working with people, and is excited about the challenges and opportunities of a vibrant community based, contemporary arts organization.
The Administrative Assistant position provides an ideal opportunity for candidates who are interested in nonprofits and community service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Clerical and Administrative Support: Maintain and file records of office activities and transactions. Data-entry, manage donor/membership database, reception, administrative support, general office administration, support for meetings and other tasks as assigned.
– Office Management: Office supplies, mail, answering phones, maintaining office machines/AV equipment and managing the general appearance of the office.
– CCC Events and Others: Assist the General and staff on programs, projects and events.
– Motivated individual with commitment to the community service
– Well-organized with strong attention to detail
– Effective communications skills: written, verbal and interpersonal
– Good people skills, both in person and on phone
– Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines
– High proficiency in computer software
– Able to work on Saturdays
– Ideally 2 years of clerical/administrative experience required
– Non-profit experience preferred but not required
– Bi-lingual Cantonese and English preferred
Compensation is competitive. Please submit letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Position will remain open until filled. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview. No phone calls please.
The Chinese Culture Foundation is seeking a Curatorial Assistant.
You will work directly with our Artistic Director to gain exhibition and program production skills, and learn about the inner workings of a community-based arts nonprofit.
You’ll obtain on the job training by
Curator assistant: assist in pulling together different elements of a project (scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, gathering images or text, exhibition logistics, etc.)
Artist liaison: Working directly with artists, communicate and follow up to plan or execute project
Grant and projects: keeping track and following up with project deliverables, grant writing,
Gallery: working in the gallery greeting visitors and giving on the spot tours, ensuring visitor experience, and assisting in gallery.
Other responsibilities are assisting in editing and translation (translating materials from English to Chinese), answering phone and questions
The ideal candidate has BA in Asian studies, art, or art history, a passion for the arts, enjoy working with people, and are excited about the challenges and opportunities of a vibrant community based, contemporary arts organization.
The Curatorial Assistant Intern position provides an ideal opportunity for candidates who are interested in arts nonprofits and community service.
– Passionate about working for non-profit
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Excellent interpersonal skills: outgoing, energetic, people person
– Sense of humor and grace under pressure
– Willingness to learn
– Familiarity with contemporary Chinese art and culture
– Excellent organizational skills
– Fluency in Microsoft Office
– Some design background helpful
– Bilingual and biliterate in Chinese and English required
A successful candidate will possess these skills:
– Able to work under pressure and with deadlines
– Excellent attention to detail
– Multi-task with the ability to prioritize and stay focused
– Comfortable with feedback and constructive criticism
– Able to work well with colleagues, as well as independently
This position starts part time, 20 hours per week.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, 2 page English/Chinese writing sample, 1 paragraph describing current exhibition “Into the Nearness of Distance” to jenny[at]c-c-c.org.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Position opened until filled. No phone calls please.
About the Chinese Culture Foundation
The Chinese Culture Foundation was established in 1965 during the Civil Rights era. Our mission is to spark intercultural discovery through art, education and engagement. Its primary program site is the Chinese Culture Center, located at 750 Kearny St. in San Francisco. It has a pop-up gallery in Ross Alley and has curated exhibitions at YBCA, Asian Art Museum, Berkeley Art Museum, Miami Beach Urban Studios, Silicon Valley Asian Art Center, Hangzhou and New York.
Over 60,000 constituents engaged in our programming this past year, about 40% are neighborhood residents, the other are comprised of Bay Area residents as well as national and international visitors. We have engaged with a growing international audience through our trailblazing art exhibits while developing deep ties in the community through educational activities.
The Foundation is recognized as a successful pillar organization in the City, and is poised to advance to the next level of effectiveness by becoming a leader in the arena of art and cultural interchange on a national and international level.