The Chinese Culture Center is seeking three new team members to join our dynamic team:
The Chinese Culture Foundation (CCF) is seeking an Arts Administrator.
The successful candidate will provide support for the professional management of the office. He or she will be responsible for account receivables, files and record, office supplies, and will serve as the primary contact with the public. The AA will also assist the Director of Education and General Manager with event space rental inquiries and community outreach.
The ideal candidate has a BA in business administration or the equivalence, a passion for the community, enjoys working with people, and is excited about the challenges and opportunities of a vibrant community-based, contemporary arts organization.
This is a great position for someone who is eager to learn about running a community-based arts organization and community service.
- Clerical and Administrative Support: Maintain and file records of office activities and transactions. Data-entry, manage donor/membership database, account receivables, reception, administrative support, support for meetings and other tasks as assigned.
- Office Management: Office supplies, mail, answering phones, maintaining office machines/AV equipment and managing the general appearance of the office.
- CCC Events and Others: Assist the General Manager and staff on programs, projects and events.
- Education Engagement Support: Assist the Director of Education on tour booking and outreach.
- 2 years of clerical and administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Self-directed and able to work efficiently
- Strong work ethic
- Cooperative, positive attitude
- Resourceful, creative, and adaptive problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Word and Excel
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative/Non-Profit: 1 year
- Cantonese or Mandarin helpful
Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco (also known as Chinese Culture Center or CCC) is seeking a highly skilled Development and resource leader who will be responsible for the leadership and management of fundraising activities to cultivate and motivate its donor base.
The Development Director is a key thought leader of the management team and works closely with the Executive Director to increase organization’s fundraising capacity. S/he is an effective communicator, possesses outstanding interpersonal skills and is deeply committed to the mission of intercultural engagement and community service.
Key responsibilities :
- Create and execute an over-arching development vision and strategy in partnership with Executive Director and Artistic Director
- Develop and implement a major gifts strategy to increase giving from individual donors with an emphasis on growing the network of prospective major donors
- Support the Board’s External Committee and organize “Legacy Brick” strategy and annual fundraising gala
- Use Salesforce and other management tools to manage donor/membership base
- Support the Executive Director in managing relationships with Board members, major donors, corporate sponsors and foundations to promote a culture of philanthropy
– Minimal of 2 years of successful fundraising experience and business development
– Passionate about Chinatown and community service
– Excellent interpersonal skills: outgoing, energetic and collaborative
– Sense of humor and grace under pressure
– Willingness to learn
A successful candidate is :
– Familiar with annual giving, major gifts and planned giving, communications and motivations for giving, capital campaigns, corporate and foundation giving, and fundraising through social media and Internet
– Motivated and self-driven
– Able to work under pressure and with multiple deadlines
– Excellent attention to details
– Multi-task with the ability to prioritize
– Comfortable with feedback and constructive criticism
– Able to work well with colleagues
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and a 2-page English writing sample to Justin McDonnell, firstname.lastname@example.org. Expected start date: July 6, 2016
About the Chinese Culture Center (CCC)
The CCC, under the aegis of the Chinese Culture Foundation, is one of the leading arts organization in SF. We are a community-based arts nonprofit, and our work is based in Chinatown and San Francisco’s open and public spaces, as well as other art institutions.
CCC’s mission is to shift the dominant narrative about Chinese Americans through exhibitions, public art interventions, and education programs. We elevate Chinatown and other underserved communities by empowering youth and residents.