The Chinese Culture Center is seeking two new team members to join our dynamic team:
Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco (also known as Chinese Culture Center or CCC) is seeking a highly skilled Development Manager who will be responsible for the leadership and management of fundraising activities to cultivate and motivate its donor base.
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled Development Manager to lead the organization’s fundraising efforts. The Development Manager is a key thought leader of the management team and works closely with the Artistic Director to increase organization’s fundraising capacity. S/he is an effective communicator, possesses outstanding interpersonal skills and is deeply committed to the mission of intercultural engagement.
- Create and execute an over-arching development vision and strategy in partnership with Executive Director and Artistic Director
- Develop and implement a major gifts strategy to increase giving from individual donors with an emphasis on growing the network of prospective major donors
- Support the Board’s External Committee and organize “Legacy Brick” strategy in our fundraising efforts
- Use Salesforce and other management tools to manage donor/membership base
. Support the Executive Director in managing relationships with Board members, major donors, corporate sponsors and foundations to promote a culture of philanthropy
. Lead and participate in CCC’s development project and campaign
– Minimal of 2 years of successful fundraising experience and business development
– Passionate about Chinatown and community service
– Excellent interpersonal skills: outgoing, energetic and collaborative
– Sense of humor and grace under pressure
– Willingness to learn
A successful candidate is:
– Familiar with annual giving, major gifts and planned giving, communications and motivations for giving, capital campaigns, corporate and foundation giving, and fundraising through social media and Internet
– Motivated and self-driven
– Able to work under pressure and with multiple deadlines
– Excellent attention to details
– Multi-task with the ability to prioritize
– Comfortable with feedback and constructive criticism
– Able to work well with colleagues
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and a 2-page English writing sample to Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.
The Chinese Culture Center of San Francisco (also known as CCC) is seeking a Communications Assistant.
The successful candidate assists the Director of Communications and will provide support for the communications and design for the organization. He or she will be responsible for creating content and design for various platforms, editing, ensuring consistency of messages across platforms, maintain CCC’s online presence, assisting on projects and events, organize and archive press, and updating Salesforce with contacts. The Communications Assistant will also assist with community outreach and engagement, as well as other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has a BA in communications and marketing, integrated marketing communications, graphic design, or the equivalence, a passion for the community, enjoys working with people, and is excited about the challenges and opportunities of a vibrant community-based, contemporary arts organization.
This is a great position for someone who is eager to learn about marketing and outreach for a community-based arts organization. As the organization is growing, there will be growth opportunity for the right candidate.
Part-time to start. Regular work schedule is Tues to Fri from 10-3pm, plus Sat as needed.
Social Media/Online & Community Engagement: maintain and post on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter; update website with new content and news; engage visitors, community partners, local businesses, and other stakeholders
Communications and Administrative Support: serve as liaison between teams, create/edit content for external communications: press release, website, other publications; maintain, organize, and invite list of press and VIPs. Data-entry, administrative support, support for meetings and other tasks as assigned
Graphic design: plan, create and produce marketing communications/programming promotional materials that fulfill strategies and current objectives, ensure consistency of branding and visual communication across platforms.
CCC Events and Others: Assist the Communications Director and staff on programs, projects and events.
- 2 years of marketing and communications experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Self-directed and able to work efficiently
- Outgoing, enjoys working with people
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Cooperative, positive attitude
- Resourceful, creative, and adaptive problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Oral and written communication in Chinese helpful
If you feel that you are the right fit for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume, link to portfolio and 2 page writing sample to: email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview. No phone calls please
About the Chinese Culture Center (CCC)
The CCC, under the aegis of the Chinese Culture Foundation, is one of the leading arts organization in SF. We are a community-based arts nonprofit, and our work is based in Chinatown and San Francisco’s open and public spaces, as well as other art institutions.
Shaped by resistance, endurance and imagination, CCC ignites art interventions, engaging youth and residents, across generations and cultures. In so doing, we shift the dominant narrative about Chinese Americans, transform perceptions and empower underserved communities.