The Chinese Culture Center is seeking a new team member to join our dynamic team:
Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco (also known as Chinese Culture Center or CCC) is seeking a highly skilled Development and resource leader who will be responsible for the leadership and management of fundraising activities to cultivate and motivate its donor base.
The Development Director is a key thought leader of the management team and works closely with the Executive Director to increase organization’s fundraising capacity. S/he is an effective communicator, possesses outstanding interpersonal skills and is deeply committed to the mission of intercultural engagement and community service.
Key responsibilities :
- Create and execute an over-arching development vision and strategy in partnership with Executive Director and Artistic Director
- Develop and implement a major gifts strategy to increase giving from individual donors with an emphasis on growing the network of prospective major donors
- Support the Board’s External Committee and organize “Legacy Brick” strategy and annual fundraising gala
- Use Salesforce and other management tools to manage donor/membership base
- Support the Executive Director in managing relationships with Board members, major donors, corporate sponsors and foundations to promote a culture of philanthropy
– Minimal of 2 years of successful fundraising experience and business development
– Passionate about Chinatown and community service
– Excellent interpersonal skills: outgoing, energetic and collaborative
– Sense of humor and grace under pressure
– Willingness to learn
A successful candidate is :
– Familiar with annual giving, major gifts and planned giving, communications and motivations for giving, capital campaigns, corporate and foundation giving, and fundraising through social media and Internet
– Motivated and self-driven
– Able to work under pressure and with multiple deadlines
– Excellent attention to details
– Multi-task with the ability to prioritize
– Comfortable with feedback and constructive criticism
– Able to work well with colleagues
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and a 2-page English writing sample to Justin McDonnell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Chinese Culture Center (CCC)
The CCC, under the aegis of the Chinese Culture Foundation, is one of the leading arts organization in SF. We are a community-based arts nonprofit, and our work is based in Chinatown and San Francisco’s open and public spaces, as well as other art institutions.
CCC’s mission is to shift the dominant narrative about Chinese Americans through exhibitions, public art interventions, and education programs. We elevate Chinatown and other underserved communities by empowering youth and residents.