About CCC Gallery
CCCArts is a Visual Arts program of the Chinese Culture Center of San Francisco (CCC). CCCArts is dedicated to cross-cultural, cross-generational, and critical visibility for emerging and established artists. The CCC is a community-based, non-profit organization established in 1965 to preserve, promote, and influence the course of Chinese and Chinese American culture.
Over the past few years, the Center has recognized the importance of art and culture as vehicles in enhancing the community and has subsequently put on exhibitions to challenge the status quo of what is considered “Chinese art” and to introduce the emerging artists and artwork.
CCC’s gallery seeks to challenge perceptions, broaden perspectives, stimulate new understanding of the Chinese culture. We currently have two ongoing exhibition series at the Center: the Present Tense Biennial and XianRui (fresharp). The logos below will take you to an archive of news and featured artists for both series.
Exhibitions in CCC Gallery
1) We currently have two ongoing flagship exhibition series at the Center: the Present Tense Biennial and XianRui (fresharp) annual series. Artists are invited to participate by the CCC’s curator.
2) For other CCC exhibitions, artists are invited by CCC or guest curator, or artists are invited through an open call to submit a proposal. Please see our homepage for the latest “Call to Artists” opportunity to participate in an upcoming show.
3) Organizing your own exhibition. Depending on space availability and strength of proposals, the CCC gallery space can host exhibition from one week to one month. Requirements:
- Exhibitions must come fully funded;
- Exhibitions need to work around CCC existing exhibition schedule. CCC plans our calendar two years in advance;
- Artists need to submit a proposal for review.
Here is the gallery floor plan.
How to submit Proposals for Exhibits
The CCC encourages proposals from artists, writers, curators and organizations. If you are interested in submitting an exhibition proposal, please upload your portfolio to www.cccgallery.org. (Please include images, artist resume, bios, and statements).
1) Sign up for www.cccgallery.org and upload your images. 2) Tag your images. If it is an unsolicited proposal, tag it “proposal+year” (i.e. proposal2013).
3) Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Exhibition Proposal to CCC Curator.” Please specify the exhibition concept, execution plan, budget and amount of funding secured. Please indicate your specific tag. We strongly prefer online submissions as we frequently work with overseas curators and organizations that need to review your submission online. If you are mailing documents, please do not mail originals, as submissions will not be returned. We receive many submissions each year, and you will be notified only if your submission is accepted.