About the CCC Gallery
The Chinese Culture Center of San Francisco (CCC) has a 3,000 square foot gallery dedicated to sparking intercultural discovery and promoting the most innovative artists today.
In recent years, the Center’s gallery has recognized the importance of art and culture as vehicles in enhancing the community and has subsequently put on exhibitions to challenge the status quo of what is considered “Chinese art” and culture, and to introduce emerging artists and their work.
Our gallery seeks to challenge perceptions, broaden perspectives, and stimulate understanding of art and culture. In addition to the rotating exhibitions, we have recurring annual and multi-year exhibition series at the Center: Present Tense Biennial and XianRui (fresharp). The logos below will take you to an archive of news and featured artists for the series.
click the collage below to view a listing of our past exhibitions
1) We currently have two recurring flagship exhibition series at the Center: the Present Tense Biennial and XianRui (fresharp) annual series. Artists are invited to participate by the CCC’s curator.
2) For other CCC exhibitions, artists are invited by CCC or guest curator, or artists are invited through an open call to submit a proposal. Please see our homepage for the latest “Call to Artists” opportunity to participate in an upcoming show.
3) Visiting Exhibition. Depending on space availability and strength of proposals, CCC gallery can host guest exhibitions from one week to one month under our visiting artist exhibition series: Episode.
Requirements for Episode:
- Exhibitions must come fully funded;
- Exhibitions need to work around CCC existing exhibition schedule. CCC plans our calendar two years in advance;
- Artists need to submit a proposal for review (see how to submit a proposal below).
Below is the gallery floor plan. Click here to download.
How to submit Proposals for Exhibits online
The CCC encourages proposals from artists, writers, curators and organizations. If you are interested in submitting an exhibition proposal, please upload your portfolio to www.cccgallery.org. (Please include images, artist resume, bios, and statements).
1) Sign up for www.cccgallery.org and upload your images. 2) Tag your images. If it is an unsolicited proposal, tag it “proposal+year” (i.e. proposal2013).
3) Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Exhibition Proposal to CCC Curator.” Please specify the exhibition concept, execution plan, budget and amount of funding secured. Please indicate your specific tag so we may locate your images online. We strongly prefer online submissions as we frequently need several committee members to review your proposal and see your images online. Please note that it does take time to plan an exhibition and go through our selection process. If you are mailing documents, please do not mail originals, as submissions will not be returned. We receive many submissions each year, and you will be notified only if your submission is accepted.
4) We encourage all interested parties to come visit our gallery to see the space and learn more about our exhibitions. Gallery hours are Tues-Sat, 10-4pm, closed holidays. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.